Posted by Admin on July, 24, 2021
Furniture is the main decorative item at our home. Whether it is traditional or modern, the home looks lifeless without furniture. The different woods have their unique features as per their structure and style.
The handmade furniture from Wood Dealers in Kerala has been durable over the years. It has a huge name for its high aesthetic value. Moreover, it is the focal point of all interior décor items in homes.
Our household is not complete neither functional without a proper furniture system. It beautifies the home environment and adds some quality to it.
During the earlier days, handmade tools were used to build furniture. Nowadays it is quite easier to process woods and build world-class development with them.
Types of Woods Preferred in Making Furniture:
Solid wood always has high artistic fame with a lot of benefits. Mainly soft and hardwood are used for the strength and density of any furniture.
You will know different wood types which are used to build furniture.
1. Teak Wood: It is highly preferable for the top Wood Dealers in Kerala because of its reliability and fire-resistant properties. It is very expensive wood as you see.
It is even more fabulous after polishing work. It would not get damaged by dry rots and white ants. It has superior use in South India.
The tight grain and huge strength make it the number one choice for making household furniture. It is also used for manufacturing boats as well. You can even have designed countertops and indoor flooring with teak woods.
2. Rose Wood: It is closely grained and has a very tough structure. It is found in huge sizes for creating cabinets and ornamental carving. It is mainly produced in Karnataka, Kerala, Orissa, and Tamil Nadu.
For making tough household structures and furniture, rosewood is used. For making laboratory instruments and musical instruments, it is used as well. If you are very fancy about the aesthetic appealing of your interior house designing, you should go for rosewood.
3. Satin Wood: This wood has a glossy finish with a robust and durable structure. It seeks little maintenance and minor care. You may not clean it regularly if it is used as a flooring option.
4. Sal Wood: It is famous in North India where people are very concerned about durability, quality, and tensile strength. It is hardwood timber for manufacturing wooden frames, beams, and furniture. It has strong immunity against white ants, fungus, and insects. It has been popular since the old days as it was easily available then.
5. Shisham: It can be used and framed on a seasonal basis. It is the main attraction in East India with rich polish. You will find good looks with this valuable investment for the home décor. It can be tried with sports goods, railway sleepers, etc.
6. Mahogany: It has excellent features like durability, glossy finish, and fineness. It is famous for decorative art pieces, furniture, and cabinets.
You can see other types of woods like Mulberry, Deodar, Jackwood, etc. These also have some aesthetic appeal and craze as we have seen in other wooden furniture.
Hi! Simply click below and type your query.
Our experts will reply you very soon.